This film was created in collaboration between the NBCC, Metropolitan Police Business Crime Hub and their designing out crime officers.
Identifying Lone Workers
Some staff and employers may not consider themseves to be lone workers but it is worth reviewing the HSE definition and guidance:
HSE defines a lone worker as Someone who works by themselves without close or direct supervision Lone workers include those who:
- work from a fixed base, such as one person working alone on a premises (eg, shops, petrol stations etc);
- work separately from others on the same premises (eg security staff) or work outside normal hours;
- work away from a fixed base (eg, maintenance workers, health care workers, environment inspectors);
- work at home (homeworkers); and
- mobile workers (eg, taxi drivers).
Health and Safety Guidance